Sunflower Bolognese Sauce & Pasta
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Serves Four
Here’s our quick and easy plant-based twist on the classic childhood favorite, Spaghetti Bolognese. Our sunflower hache provides an incredibly familiar texture that meat eaters, flexitarians and vegans alike can enjoy!
- Pasta of Choice
- Mediterranean Herbs
- 500 ml of Pasturized Tomatoes
- 1 Box Sunflower Hache
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Teaspoon Vegetable Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Agave Syrup
- In a pot on medium-high heat, add the oil, onions, and shallots. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, add the garlic, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and turn to high heat.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry vinegar and give a good stir for a minute or so. Add the vegetable broth, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper to the stew. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld together.
- Serve with choice of noodles, potatoes, or quinoa.