“Earthy” Sunflower Mushroom Stew
Prep Time: 20 Minutes | Serves Four
This recipe was submitted by our good friend, The Vegan Rhino. He is a plant based chef out of Fort Lauderdale, FL who specializes in using colorful, whole-food ingredients. With detailed step-by-step instructions and ingredient lists, he creates a fun and rewarding environment to learn or broaden your skills in plant-based cooking. To see this recipe and countless others, checkout his website. http://www.theveganrhino.com
- 1 Box Organic Sunflower Mushroom Stew (2.6 oz. Sunflower Hache + Seasoning Blend)
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 1 Medium Shallot, Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1 Tbsp. White Oak Sherry Vinegar
- 8 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms or Cremini, Diced
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Minced
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh Thyme, Minced
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- In a pot on medium-high heat, add the oil, onions, and shallots. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, add the garlic, and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and turn to high heat.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry vinegar and give a good stir for a minute or so. Add the vegetable broth, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper to the stew. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld together.
- Serve with choice of noodles, potatoes, or quinoa.