Sunflower Hache Chickenless Nuggets
Prep Time: 15-25 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Servings: 9-12 Nuggets
- 1 cup Sunflower Haché
- 7/8 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup flour, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil. Pour over sunflower haché. (The sunflower hache absorbs instantly so there is no need for soaking time)
- Add spices, nutritional yeast, Worcestershire sauce, and combine. Taste and adjust salt. Stir in 1/4 cup flour. Depending on the type of flour you use, you may need more to make a firm dough that holds together when pressed in your palm.
- Place remaining flour, breadcrumbs, and almond milk in separate shallow dishes. Season flour with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Dip nuggets in flour, then dip in almond milk and press into breadcrumbs.
- Place on a lined baking sheet in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes.